Monday, November 22, 2010

[Article] KHJ wants to do some tough guy roles

Here is another article from HanCinema wherein Hyun Joong talks about wanting to do some tough guy roles next time.

Gusy, do drop by HanCinema to leave comment or like the article as a sign of appreciation, k?

Btw, thanks again to iamsom for the tweet.

***

Kim Hyun-joong said, "Romantic acting makes my toes and fingers shrink... I want to do some tough guy roles"
Source
: news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )
Copy & paste guideline for this article
Always put a link back to the source and HanCinema permalink


"If I cared about the viewers rating, I would've done big dramas. I was really ok with my dramas".

'Naughty Kiss', which ended last October, was a total failure viewers rating-wise. Even though it recorded 8 million viewers for YouTube special version, TV version ended quietly.

Compare to the careful question, Kim Hyun-joong's answer was cool. “Everybody near me asked that I was okay, but I was really okay. I was because it wasn't the worst viewers rated drama. I told people that all I have to do is go up now.”

Kim Hyun-joong confessed that he also learned responsibility as an actor from this drama. “I learned how hard it was to lead a drama by oneself. I don't regret my work since I did my best. I love to have high viewers rating but I don't cling to it. I rather try to do a drama that I can proudly show to my son/daughter later in my life. 'Naughty Kiss' will be one of them.”

He also revealed his thoughts about classic mellow or action drama/movie. “Yoon Ji-ho from 'Boys over Flowers' or Baek Seung-jo from 'Naughty Kiss' are totally different character from me. Their lines are so cheesy. I think they were cheesy because those two dramas were school-based dramas. I want to do some other types of character for next drama. Someone who likes to yell and full of testosterone.”

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leader do proud of you. I know you are 100% dedicated in all things you do and the best thing is that you don't regret it.

Anonymous said...

yeah want to see Leader in a tough action movie..that would be something...so proud of you Leader..so honest and dedicated..that's why you are blessed..fighting KHJ..aja aja

Anonymous said...

Lol! Full of testosterone! That just made my day! Yes KHJ I would like to see that too.

Anonymous said...

sorry but what does 'Full of testosterone' mean?

Anonymous said...

Anonymous 8:15pm- It means tough guy and very manly.

Joyce Choong said...

Rome wasn't built in a day. Hyun Joong Ssi, take your time. Explore and discover your strengths and improve on your weaknesses. In time to come, you will be like a polished diamond, shining to every corner of the earth. Millions have watched you through the Asian Games opening ceremony and YouTube ... we will still be watching you, so, do your best, no one can ask for more.

Anonymous said...

the article was plainly talking about his reaction to his tv dramas which was alright except for the last sentence which really had me laughing... full of testosterone.... (sighs) aigoo, very Leader-like way of talking, no cares but simply direct

Anonymous said...

well at least I don't feel bad for always bursting out laughing at how cheesy his lines were...didn't help that I kept on imaging him cringing while going over the script too hahahaha but it's good practice and I will anticipate "cooler" roles.