Wednesday, September 23, 2009

even in hangul i want to have this book...

'Beauty of Korea' by Bae Yong Joon

credit as labeled


I saw this posted by Gaulsan on BYJ's Quilt. After reading below's post it makes me want to have the book more even if it's in hangul because Yong Joon worked so hard for this book. Can't wait to get my own copy.

[Note] A short report on September 22, 2009

* It seemed that YJ spent too much energy over this book.
While walking in and out of the museum, his eyes were bright and his smile was beautiful, but his physical condition was.... so bad.
This was the first time that I thought YJ looked better in the photos than YJ himself.

* A fan who came with me luckily received YJ's book and I briefly had a chance to flip over it on our way back home.
Wow... the book has so many information in it, and so many thoughts of YJ.
In some part, he introduces professional information about the subjects, in other part, he writes down his thoughts calmly, and in another part, he writes down the dialogue between people as if relaying it to us.
There were photos on almost every pages.
No wonder it must have been a hard work to photograph, write, and edit it.

* After having a brief look over his book, I felt I cannot make strong request to make English version.
Very deep understanding and knowledge of Korean culture will be needed to translate the information, and very fluent English will be needed to deliver YJ's beautiful words properly.
I visited the bookstore of the museum yesterday, and there were only a few English books to introduce Korean culture.
I still wished if YJ's book could be introduced in English, because English readers will definitely like his deliberate work.

* When seeing YJ walking out of the museum,
I said to him "thank you for your hard work" and "please don't get sick."
I'm not sure whether my words reached his ears.

* Today, I felt so proud for the fact that the only actor whom I loved so far was this very man


***

The book is a photo essay. Here are some captures of the book by style on byjgallery.







No comments: