Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Yong Joon's Message @ KOB

yong joon posted this message on KOB himself. he posted his message 08.19.08 at 3.:21 and 3.26am

[Trans] Hello, Family. This is Bae Yong Joon.
korean to english translation by suehan on KOB

Hello, Family. This is Bae Yong Joon.

Today’s weather isn’t so good, but there was a refreshing breeze for us all. On the other hand, I am thinking that there will be a change in the weather with the rain showers and wind that have come. The rate that time is flying by makes me feel like I’m in a rush to get everything done. Because there is so much I have planned in my head while I have been taking breaks. That is why I am taking the time to first write to you all and send this letter to the Family.

First of all, I am sorry to have made you all worry. The surgery went well without any problems. After getting good results from staying in the hospital for a couple of days, I am already recovering quickly enough to be in front of the computer to write this letter to you all. I would like to give thanks to all of you for your support, and promise to not make you all worry like this again in the future. You must all stay healthy and well, too.

Out of all the things that I hope to do in the future, there is one idea that I would like to discuss with all of you.

A while ago, I mentioned that I wanted to write a book to introduce Korea. Do you all remember that? Although I love photographs, I have also had this desire to present the beauty(s) of Korea for a long time.

Therefore, from the love and support from the Asian family, I have seen the interest many families have shown about Korea. And everyone has made visits to the country, too. At some point I started to regret that you have to come and visit the shooting site, which due to little information were limited to see only that part of Korea.
And even from those it was not enough for you to see all of Korea during your trip, making you have to come back again later. I wanted to catch the attention of you all and tourists, by revealing the charm of the country that is Korea. And this is what I want to say.

‘Even to those of us who have lived in Korea, the culture, history and beauty of the country have embraced and surprised us. Please use your camera to capture the beauty of every little place. This is the Korea that I was born and grew up in. It is the Korea that I have been trying to reveal through my drama and movie shootings.’ Is what I am trying to say.

And that made me think how it would be if I were the first to pick up my camera and travel around the country, introducing a book filled with pictures that at least communicate some of the beauty that Korea has to offer.

But this isn’t where my thoughts and worries stop. While thinking about the route(s) of my travels would lead me, I only know of the few, famous places that I have been before. There must be places that are just as beautiful that I simply have not heard of yet. And I haven’t been able to look for help in any other useful places.

But then, the Family is what came to my thoughts! I realized that we could make this book together, not with my own efforts.

What do you think? Are there any places you can tell me about?

Please let me know of all the places that you all have traveled throughout Korea. Writing, pictures, any information you can give me is fine. Even a small table in a shabby, country restaurant will be accepted too. Mountains you do not know the names of that you have seen in the background while parking your car in the sunset are also good. Exciting stories at a famous getaway is great, too. Those who have lived their entire lives in Korea, an encounter you’ve had that made you realize your appreciation for the country is good, too.
You have anything that you want to know about Korea? That is great, too. Tell me where in Korea you’re curious about, where you want to go and visit, what you want to try and eat, whatever your heart desires to ask.

I will try my best to create a good book using all the things that you all have to contribute to me.
I hope that everyone who reads this book and is interested in Korea including our families abroad would like to stay for a longer time in Korea.

My pen and pad and camera are ready. I will start my travels as soon as I receive all of your stories. For now, email your letters to webmaster@byj.co.kr. Soon, I will create a place where I can store, and listen to, all the stories you send me.

I feel much lighter now that I have expressed the thoughts that I have had for the past few weeks to you all. Now, I will just wait excitedly for all your stories. I will definitely be studying hard.

Please always stay well and healthy.

I love you all.

At the dawn of August 19th, 2008

Sincerely,

Bae Yong Joon

P.S.
I got a small scare when the post didn’t show up all at once.
I forgot there was a limit on the length of the posting.
I hope it doesn’t make your reading difficult.


***

oh i love love love his idea! it makes we want to check all my photos and remember my visits in korea. i'm so excited about this! thanks yong joon! i'm certain that this will be a very wonderful project. geez, and you even want us to be a part of it. 'love it really!

btw suehan, thank you so much for your fast translation!

No comments: